Friday, August 5, 2016

Onochie dismisses alleged sex scandal in the presidency







Members of the Buhari Support Group (BSO) dismiss allegations of sex scandal in the presidency – The director of Buhari Support Group (BSO) Dr Ibrahim Bello Daudu says he was not officially aware of any appointment offered or denied by the presidency – Mrs Lauretta Onochie, dismissed the allegations that she was denied appointment because she would not do the bidding of the cabal The director of Buhari Support Group (BSO) Dr Ibrahim Bello Daudu and Lauretta Onochie, a prominent member of the All Progressive Congress (APC), yesterday, August 5, denied reports that they were offered and denied appointments by cabals within ruling party. READ ALSO: Fayose’s aide reacts to Aisha Buhari’s trip to USA You will recall that NAIJ.com reported that a source within the All Progressives Congress (APC) alleged that a sex scandal was rocking the presidency over the appointment of aides. The source alleged that Dr Daudu was denied his appointment because of flimsy excuses tendered against him and Mrs Lauretta Onochie was also not given any appointment because she would not flirt with the cabal. Reacting to these allegations, Dr Daudu said he was not officially aware of any appointment offered or denied him adding that appointments into different positions of power is solely the prerogative of the president. He added that the Buhari Support Organization is an umbrella body that offered voluntary services towards supporting the aspirations of the president when he was an aspirant of the APC. “I was angry when I saw the report. Well let me make it very clear that Buhari Support Organization is an umbrella body is set up to supervise voluntary support structures for the purpose of the campaign. And what we did is to offer a voluntary service towards supporting the aspiration of then aspirant and candidate of All Progressive Congress (APC) and now the president of the federal republic of Nigeria. “It was an unconditional service which we considered as a national service not only to him but to the party and to Nigeria. It was not tied to work and I give you appointment. It was based on what we believe in. His principles, his ideologies, his beliefs and his capacity to move this country forward and we feel that is part of our contribution towards bringing about change. So it is completely not about appointment or position. Of course you cannot know everybody’s intentions but as that is our position as an organization. That is our philosophy and is still our philosophy. READ ALSO: Budget padding: Dogara begs President Buhari over scandal “Him being president now and for people to now say I have served you and I want to be compensated for it, I think they are not being fair to him. He is the now the president of the federal republic of Nigeria. Of course people who have worked and have served need to be recognized. I don’t call it compensated but recognized by appointments here and there. But at the same time we have to know that he has an obligation. Some people who have worked in BSO and elsewhere….there are over 500 organizations under BSO with membership running to millions of people. “You understand? So the point I am trying to make specifically is that what we have done is not about been given or compensated with appointments. It is a selfless service which we rendered to this country believing in his (Mr President’s) passion, qualities, beliefs and philosophy and we see him as a role model. Most of us there are….there are young ones among us who are fresh graduates, artisans, craftsmen. A lot of us are professionals going about our daily works and jobs either independent, in government or elsewhere. “It is not a priority but it is now within his purview to recognize amongst us with appointments. That is not mandatory because the way people are putting it is as if it is mandatory that BSO members or APC members or people who have served in support structures must be given appointment as a mark of recognition,” Dr Ibrahim Daudu of the Buhari Support Organization said.” In the same vein, Mrs Lauretta Onochie, dismissed the allegations that she was denied appointment because she would not do the bidding of the cabal. She reiterated that she is happy with the presidency and also does not need any backdoor help from anyone to speak for her even if she was offended or fouled. “There is no sex scandal with me and I wasn’t appointed special adviser to the president. You can call others and they would speak for themselves. These are the two that concerns me. I don’t know how my name got mentioned in such a thing. I am 57 year old woman and what I do, I take seriously. I am a volunteer with the presidency and that’s about it. Nobody has never said I will not be appointed unless I flirt with them. I am a married woman. “I have a voice. If I have been offended or fouled in any way I can say it myself and I am not afraid of anything. I do not need anybody coming from the backdoor to say they are helping me. I don’t need anybody. I am very fine and happy with my life at the moment. I am very happy with the presidency. I am very happy with what is going on,” she added. Cautioning Nigerians and those who might be displeased that their efforts have not been recognized by way of appointment, Dr Daudu urged them to change their attitude as God is the only one that knows everyone’s destiny. “We’ve been doing our best to sensitize our people. To tell them that when you want to bring about change, it is not only in fighting corruption but also in attitude, behaviour and our psyche generally. It is just like saying I am not going to vote you until you pay me. If you say I will not work to bring in a credible government unless I am promised appointment is the same thing as saying I will not vote for you until you pay me. So if you are paid and you vote then you have no right to hold the government responsible for anything. But when you vote according to your conscience and the government recognizes you on that basis, fair. But to demand for it and to begin to make noise about it, I don’t think it is fair to the president. “Because there was no time he (the president) addressed anybody to the best of my knowledge and say work for me, campaign for me and I will compensate you with either appointment or a contract or any other thing. What he has stressed out always is that do what you feel your conscience guide you towards. Do what you feel is right. If you feel that putting your time and energy and resources to help this country to move forward or bring about credible government is what you believe in, do. “He has given everybody a choice to do or not to do. Now you have done that and you are coming back to say ok I have done that and I want to be compensated and you are making it look like it’s by force. No. Please, I am appealing to Nigerian and all of us that have worked to allow the system to function and support the president in every way we can believing that whoever God ordains or sanction that he will be given one or two appointments you will be given. There are people in the system who didn’t participate in anything, but today they are have been appointed. That is the will of God. “Let me tell you something. As human beings are we in control of our lives? We believe that destiny predates our creation. Everything you are today on earth has its destiny pre-casted by God. How long as this president been fighting to become the president in this country? Three consecutive times. Then he was not destined to be president. Did he go out with a sword and start cutting people head? No. He was patient and when it was time for him to be the president he became. That is how it should be. “He is just one year in government and we should know that it is not everybody no matter how hard you work that will be in appointment. What we should do is to support the few of us that are there whether they are good or bad. Whether we have a grudge against them. I have a role whether I am in government or not. Everybody have a role. So the change we are talking of is not only in what the president is saying as per corruption, security and the rest but also in attitude. We want to see changes in attitude and this attitude is one of them. Attitude to be compensated for anything I do,” Dr Daudu admonished. When NAIJ.com asked if he was aware of any list drawn by the president, Dr Daudu responded: “Uhmmmm, not that I know of. I don’t like basing things on rumours. I like basing things on official things that I know. If I tell you I heard, then what is my proof? You go to X and he will tell you he heard from B and you will never get the person who will own up to it. That is the problem. Nobody will say yes it is from me and it difficult to find someone who will say yes it is from me. “People will tell you I was told but it will be difficult to find someone who will say this is the evidence, I was there. So officially, I was neither contacted by anybody or any group on anything that has to do with appointment nor given any condition in the first place. And my relationship with Mr President dates back to even before he became president. So he is like a father not only to me but all of us that are within the structure,” Dr Daudu submitted. Efforts to reach out to other members allegedly denied appointments by the cabal proved abortive as at the time of filing this report.

No comments:

Post a Comment