Friday, September 2, 2016

We are not used to seeing successful people dress like you, Buhari tells Zuckerberg

 
 
 
 
 
 Facebook Founder, Mark Zuckerberg visits President Muhammadu Buhari in Aso Villa on Friday, September 2, 2016.
 
 
 
 
 I am on Facebook and the president is also on Facebook so we are one of the 17 million. He commended the 30 persons who made the shortlist of the Aso Villa Demo Day and the three eventual winners who went home with various sums of money. “This is the first Aso Villa Day but the next year will be bigger and better. I don’t know if we will be able to get Mark to show up for that but somehow of the other, we are going to keep him in the loop and let him know what we are up to and how and how progress we are making. “This country is going to built and is being built on the energy and the innovation and on the creativity of the young people. Whenever young people say that they want to be included, I believe very strongly that today you are included and no one has a choice in that matter. Today, Technology has created a level playing field, technology has made it possible for you seated somewhere, in your office or living room to create wealth, to create connectivity, to create all manner of things across the world. “So this is not like when I was 25 years. It is a completely new day and I think that there is so much hope, so much your generation are going to do and I am certainly looking forward to being a part of that. By the time I am 80 I hope that I will be in a position to have an app that will enable me follow what you guys are doing, seated somewhere in my village, enjoying life. “I’m sure you are going to have a great future and I certainly look forward to working with as part of the government of Nigeria to ensure that all that your talents and abilities are put in e best possible use and we I’ll support you all the way. “We are also looking forward to cooperating with Facebook, I’m sure that in the next couple of months we will be working out the ways we can cooperate especially with connectivity and some of the great ideas that Mark has to improving connectivity in Africa”, he said.
We are not used to seeing successful people dress like you, Buhari tells Zuckerberg

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/not-used-seeing-successful-people-appear-like-buhari-tells-zuckerberg/

No comments:

Post a Comment